Hello all Bolivia Supporters!
My name is Kristi and I am a member of the team heading down to Bolivia this summer. I just thought I'd share what's been going on in my life lately, especially how God has been moving and working in me.
First of all, I'm a freshman here at UO and this is my first mission trip. As you may know, the concept of going on a mission trip is pretty foreign to me. By foreign, I mean that when I first started this journey I had no idea where to start. Realizing that I was called to Bolivia was something that was extremely surprising to me and new. However, I knew I was being called and so I began to follow God about it.
About four months into this journey (of planning for August :) ), I had been struggling with fully relying on the Lord. As you may know, collecting money for a mission trip can be extremely stressful. I found myself in this boat. And as deadlines for money began to approach, my stress level continued to rise.
By no means was I anywhere close to having enough funds raised for the deadline. So, I began to think and meditate on why this was happening. Doubt was the first thing that came to my mind. I began to ask myself if I was really being called to this trip. Also it was brought to my attention that maybe this was His way of saying no to me. I began to question whether or not I had heard His call for me correctly.
Raising funds became something that I was always thinking about, even dreaming about and still I continued to doubt. While venting to my roommates one day, they finally asked me if I had fully put my trust in the Lord. They asked me if I believed that He provides. It was then I realized that I needed to center myself with God and fully trust that He would provide.
After a long weekend, I let my other teammates know exactly how I was feeling and we began to pray that God would provide for me. That He would give me a clear answer if I had heard His call correctly or not.
In the midst of prayer, I found a verse that really spoke true to what I was experiencing.
"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, Pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life". -Philippians 4:6-7
And so, it is wonderful what He does. A few days later while talking with a loved one, she expressed that she would be able to support me with funds that would meet my first deadline. This was totally a GOD thing! :)
It is in moments like this where God is so real and so powerful, it amazes me. It also is a bold moment in where He shows his love for us and the ability that He always provides.
It also amazes me how God unites people, especially like you reading this blog :) I want to thank you again for being a part of this journey with my team-mates and I. I'll end this post in prayer.
Awesome God, I thank you for everything You do. I thank you that you always provide. I pray that as this journey proceeds, that you would continue to prepare the hearts of my team-mates and I as well as provide the necessary funds. We love you so much Lord. Help us to more fully trust within You and let everything we do be for Your glory. Amen :)
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment